Clinics & Services
In addition to GP consultations the practice offers a range of clinics and healthcare services:
- Chronic Disease – the practice has a recall system whereby patients with chronic diseases will be invited to attend the appropriate clinic at the surgery.
- Antenatal Care – clinics are held on specific afternoons with the midwife. When your pregnancy has been confirmed you should make an appointment as soon as possible.
- Childhood Immunisations – NHS Immunisation Team run a weekly clinic for children and babies. If you wish further advice, the doctor, nurse or health visitor will be pleased to discuss it with you.
- Influenza Immunisations – clinics run from October each year. It is strongly recommended for those over 65 years of age and at risk patients.
- Contraception – a comprehensive range of services is available including cap, contraceptive implant, coil fitting, Depo-Provera injection, contraceptive pill and morning after pill. Please speak to the doctor, nurse practitioner or practice nurse.
- Smears – We run a computerised call and recall service for cervical smears.
- Minor Surgery – a range of minor surgical procedures can be carried out on the premises.
- Cryosurgery – warts and a variety of skin lesions can be treated by freezing. A clinic is held weekly for this purpose.
- Clinical Psychologist – a psychology service is provided by two part-time psychologists to help patients cope with a variety of problems. Referral is at the discretion of the GP.
- Health Promotion – lifestyle advice on things such as weight reduction and stopping smoking can be obtained from the practice nurse and health visitor.
- Patients over 75 – if you have not been seen within the last 3 years we offer a routine review appointment with the practice nurse.